Have a look at this happy (high-profile) couple and their lovely autumn-inspired floral arch. We love the softness of their season-appropriate palate!
Whites and greens
We love this fresh look from LC:
Spring is in the air
Soft colours and touches of green. Everyone is waking up from a long winter and we’re ready for our spring brides. Have a look at the soft, romantic tones we use for our spring brides.
Crisp and clean – fall wedding flowers
We love fall weddings. The air is crisp and clean and the colours are rich and vibrant. Simply perfect weather for an autumn wedding.
Deep reds and burgundy. A hint of green. A touch of gold and yellow. Let us know what you want for your fall wedding and we will make it a reality.
Beautiful blush bouquet
Check out this simple and beautiful blush bouquet – perfect for a romantic and breezy summer wedding!
Check out our creations for this bridal photoshoot!
We had the great opportunity to recently work with designer sisters from Sant Lafleur on a bridal photoshoot for their new line! It was such a blast working with the lovely ladies along with the gorgeous models! We created bridal bouquets, bridesmaid bouquets, headpieces, and a floral crown using a soft, neutral palate with a hint of blush. LOVE!
Here’s a sneak peek – more to come!
Wildflowers and sunshine – one of our favourite types of wedding days
Perfect weather and a perfect, whimsical wildflower bouquet:
Boutonnieres – the staple for groomsmen
Boutonnieres are unquestionably the staple for any groomsman at a wedding. Check out these dapper gentlemen from a wedding we just did at the Great Hall in Toronto:
One thought that crosses many a groomsman’s head is “How the heck am I supposed to put this thing on?”
Well have no fear, instructions are here!
- There is always a ‘front’ to a boutonniere. When we deliver our boutonnieres, they are laid out such that the front is facing upwards in the box and the pins are attached.
- Once you identify the front, place the back of the boutonniere on the lapel at the desired height and angle. It will typically go on the left lapel.
- Using a pin (or two!) secure the boutonniere by piercing either through the front or back of the stem. Make sure the pin goes through both the stem and the lapel. One pin will often suffice. The pins that we provide are typically adorned according to the theme of the wedding, so the head of the pin will complement the boutonniere nicely if it is exposed and facing outward. It’s part of the design!
- For added safety, push the point of the pin back into the stem slightly.
- Give the boutonniere a gentle pull to ensure it’s on securely.
An English countryside wedding
We at bloomsbury florists have a love of not only flowers, but also films. One of our favourite directors recently tied the knot and we absolutely love the rich and lavish floral arch that was created for the ceremony.
The combination of colours and various wildflowers truly complement the countryside setting and pop against the background of lush green.
You saw behind the scenes; now for the finished product!
Summer weddings are some of bloomsubry’s favourites. The weather is perfect, the sun is shining, and there are smiles all-around. Here’s the finished product from yesterday’s nuptials in Toronto!